Robert L. Patterson, B.A. LL.B
Raised in Brandon, Bob attended Brandon University (earning a Bachelor of Arts with Greatest Distinction) and the University of Manitoba (graduating with a Bachelor of Laws and being called to the Manitoba Bar in 1993). Bob articled with, was an Associate, and is now a Partner at Patersons.
While Bob has past litigation experience (criminal defense and prosecution, family law, civil litigation and administrative proceedings, and as a result, has appeared in Court of Queen's Bench, the Court of Appeal, Provincial Court, Federal Court and before a number of Boards), Bob’s practice is presently focused upon the following Solicitors Matters:
• Municipal Law (representing cities, municipal governments and planning districts, which includes advice with respect to
general governance, contracts, property administration, risk management, access to information, human rights and procurement
• Real Estate (residential, commercial and farm as well as property development related matters such as subdivision);
• Corporate and Commercial (acting for a number of small and medium sized businesses); and
• Wills and Estates/Powers of Attorney (including estate planning).
Bob previously served as President of the Western Manitoba Bar Association (and is a current member of the Manitoba and Canadian Bar Associations). He has lectured numerous times at Brandon University and Assiniboine Community College, and continues to make public legal education presentations to local professional organizations, community groups and students, primarily concerning real estate, wills and estates or business issues. Bob has also been a Learning Group Facilitator for articling students with the Law Society of Manitoba. Currently, Bob is a Director with the Brandon Area Community Foundation. He a past Board Chair of the Westman Chapter of the MS Society, and has volunteered with other local charities and service groups. In addition to providing pro bono legal services and representing certain community organizations, Bob has played hockey for many years and also assisted previously with coaching youth hockey.
Bob is committed to doing his absolute best for his clients. Above all though, Bob values his time with his wife Michelle and family.
Areas of PractiCe
• Real Estate and Property Development • Municipal and Planning Law
• Wills and Estates • Corporate and Commercial Transactions
• Administrative Proceedings
Assisting with my Practice:
Legal/Real Estate/Estate Administration Assistant: